Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chocolate-Chippy Vegan Cookies

I feel so bad lately for not posting or updating my fellow Moldy Members with delicious updates. Please forgive me! I just feel like it's that time of the school year when I feel completely overwhelmed and unable to put my energy into anything else. But today I made sure that I would publish a little something-something.

We all love warm, homemade, chewy, chocolate chip cookies. I'm pretty sure I was born with an innate love and need for these childhood delights. All my life I've been one to indulge in sweets, mostly chocolate chip cookies. Preferably freshly baked. However, with the new year and my new healthy outlook, I found a recipe that works for me.

Here's what you will need:
  • 1 cup butter at room temperature (I prefer Earth Balance)
  • 1 1/4 cup organic turbinado sugar (or any other kind)
  • 1 tbs. organic molasses
  • 2 tsps. organic vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
Making these yummy and taste bud-pleasing cookies is so simple! Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the room temperature butter and sugar together in a bowl (I stress room temperature butter because it's so much easier to work with). Slowly add in the molasses and vanilla extract. Whisk in your dry ingredients and the dough should begin to form into a nice texture. Line your cookie sheets with spoonfuls of animal-free dough, bake until the edges are golden brown and serve to your friends with a tall glass of Rice Dream.
I never time anything in the oven, I always go by the looks. If you don't trust yourself, just stick a toothpick into the center of a cookie. If it comes out clean it means they're ready to go.

I tried a few different recipes before I finally came to this one. The cookies are perfect and you won't feel bad after scarfing down a plate full of them. They're even cute enough to bag up and give to your friends and family on holidays, or just because!

Enjoy and let me know how you like them!

Lindsay<3




No comments:

Post a Comment